Monday 5 May 2008

Simply Salmon

When you haven't time to slave in the kitchen this has to be one of the quickest yet most elegant of meals. Fillet of salmon fried in butter with a few prawns served on a bed of wilted spinach and topped with lemon and parsley butter. It takes ten minutes. I like to serve this with boiled baby new potatoes. They take about twenty minutes to cook. So put the spuds on to boil, pour yourself a glass of wine and take a leisurely swig. Pop a good heavy pan on the heat and melt some butter and a little oil. In another large pan melt some more butter and oil. Pop the salmon and prawns in the pan and fry for a few minutes when you turn them over pop the spinach in the large pan and stir it down. When it has wilted you should be all ready to serve. Just squeeze some lemon juice over the fish. Drain your potatoes. All done. Carry your plate and your glass of wine to the table and enjoy. Now what could be simpler than that?
The lemon and parsley butter is really just a nob of butter with a couple of sprigs of parsley and the zest of a lemon popped on top.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Brenda, fabulous photo and fabulous food.

What could be more relaxing after a busy day than pottering round the kitchen with a glass of wine?

I love visiting your blog, such a lovely friendly place and so informative :)

George xxx

Vicky said...

That is the perfect meal on a day like today. I wish! Beautiful photo.
Vicky xxx

Anonymous said...

I like your style, Brenda! Cheers, Lilsgirl.

hungryandfrozen said...

That looks like a perfect dinner...I haven't had proper salmon (ie not out of a can!) for so long!

Thinking About Food said...

That is totally my kind of dinner!!!! My family don't really like salmon so I don't get to eat it as often as I would like! That is making me want to go out and buy some right now!