Thursday 8 May 2008

Jamie's Fish with Leeks and Bacon


I like fish but I hate the bones. Any recipe for cod loins or salmon fillets I will go straight for as there are no problems with bones. This from Jamie Oliver's 'Jamie at Home' is right up my street. It is so quick and easy. I love the smoked bacon with the fish. It was only recently I discovered that it really is a very tasty combination. Any white fish can be used in this.

Roasted White Fish and Leeks

Serves 4


16 baby leeks washed and trimmed
4x200gm fillets of white fish
1 large lemon cut into 8 thin wedges
4 sprigs of rosemary
8 rashers of smoked streaky bacon

for the marinade
a couple of sprigs each of rosemary thyme and bay leaves.
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
olive oil
juice of 1/2 a lemon

Preheat the oven to 200.c/400.f/gas6 and place a baking tray in the oven to warm up
To make the marinade bash up the thyme rosemary and bay leaves with the salt in a pestle and mortar until the salt has turned green. Pour in two glugs of olive oil, a pinch of pepper and the lemon juice and give it a stir.
Parboil the leeks in salted water for about three minutes. Drain in a colander and let them steam dry.
Put the fish, lemon, rosemary sprigs and leeks into a bowl. Pour in the marinade and toss to cover everything.
Place the fish into the preheated tray.
Scoop the lemon rosemary leeks and marinade out of the bowl and place over and around the fish and roast in the oven for approx. 15 -20mins until the fish is just cooked and the bacon is crisp.
Pile up on a plate and serve.

Sometimes I add a few prawns or scallops. Delicious

Enjoy



12 comments:

Vicky said...

OOOhhh this looks so nice. I'm going to have to send o/h out for the day again so I can make this. I haven't got this book, so I'm taking this recipe down!
Vicky xxx

hungryandfrozen said...

That looks delicious. I really want this book, it looks so cosy and accessible. Adding bacon sounds fabulous...

Anonymous said...

I love this dish, although I'd most often use cubetti di pancetta than regular bacon.

Yum!

xxx

Anna's kitchen table said...

That looks so good Brenda!

Anonymous said...

oh i do love the leeks and bacon combo. i love em with potatoes! this looks delicious. ;)

Ms O said...

Your dinner looks delicious, Brenda. I like Jamie Oliver. :)

Lea xo

LisaRene said...

Jamie is such a doll :) I love watching him on Food Network he has such a pleasant way about him and is so cute and likable. To top it of he shares great recipes and techniques.

Rosie said...

Ooooh Brenda this looks so tasty and I love fish but not the bones too... Great recipe for out J.O!

I have an award for you sweetie on my blog.

http://rosiebakesapeaceofcake.blogspot.com/

Rosie x

Kelly-Jane said...

I don't think I've even noticed this recipe, and it's lovely!

I'm the same, if I get a fish bone I can't eat any more.

KJxx

Anonymous said...

This recipe looks right up my street Granny! Thanks Buntyxx

Anonymous said...

I have just noticed I commented on this in 2008 but I have never made the recipe! Well here I am 2 years later and I have printed it off and even taken the fish out of the freezer ready to make this in the next couple of days. YUM YUM! Buntyxx PS Am making your everyday curry too x your blog is just great xx

Rhyleysgranny said...

Bunty - Thank you. Hope you enjoy the fish. I haven't made this for ages.