Sunday 25 July 2010

A Grand Day Out

This is myself and Grannymar who has a wonderful Blog I have been visiting for a while. It is not a food blog but she covers a wonderful variety of topics with great knowledge and humour. It is truly worth visiting. She has a loyal band of followers and the comments are always so much fun. I would be lost without my daily dose.


Through time we realised we didn't live so very far from each other so at long last we met last Friday for coffee. The venue was a garden centre at Donegore which also boasts a very nice gift shop and cafe. Over coffee we chatted away like old friends for ages. We then wandered around the lovely plants in glorious sunshine and enjoyed the views from this lovely place.




Donegore boasts a pre-Anglo-Norman motte (hill) and from the summit the six counties of Ulster are visible. It was a perfect day to see this beautiful green carpet laid out before us. Unfortunately that green is indicative of the amount of rain poured down upon us hence why we were so fortunate with the sunshine. You can just see Lough Neagh which is the largest in the United Kingdom.




Grannymar has a son in law who has a very good Blog which I discovered only recently. Not Junk Food. It's an excellent blog. A few weeks ago I was very fortunate to win a prize in a give away on this blog, which Grannymar delivered to me. A fabulous book 'Easy Entertaining' by Darina Allen of the Ballymaloe Cookery School. To accompany the book was a lovely pinny, a very useful item in the kitchen especially when, like me, mess follows like a shadow. I think I'll keep it for special use though. A big thank you to George. I am delighted. Do visit his blog. It's really good.

I had such a lovely day and already am looking forward to another blether with Grannymar. Isn't the internet a magical place where you get to meet with people who you might otherwise never have known existed. Such a wonderful medium for making friends.

Grannymar, thank you. It was a special day.




8 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

It is always very pleasant to meet other blogger! It seems like you had a wonderful day. Great to see a picture of you. What a beautiful place!

Cheers,

Rosa

Unknown said...

That just sounds like a perfect day! Cheers!

Grannymar said...

We were blessed with a sunny day now we are back to normal with the rain. :(

Roll on our next outing!

Brownieville Girl said...

I had Lou Reed (Perfect Day) playing in my head as I read your post - sounds (and looks) wonderful.

Lovely prizes too .... well done!

They are both excellent blogs:-}

P.S. You are looking great, still as slim as you were for your son's wedding.

Lucie said...

How lovely for you both to meet up. You look like old friends. I love the photos - what a beautiful spot. I am very envious of you winning the Darina Allen book - I am sure this shall be a great read. Well done!

George@CulinaryTravels said...

What a fabulous time. It's always good to be able to have a meet up.

Gloria Baker said...

I love these pictures Brenda, you look nice! xx gloria

Anna's kitchen table said...

How nice for you both! A little meet up!