Thursday 14 October 2010

Parmigiana



This was just an unpretentious supper of ragu pasta of which we all enjoy from time to time.So easy to prepare. I serve it with a little salad and garlic bread and love its simplicity of flavour. This uncomplicated dish however, was  pushed into a different dimension using a wonderful  three year old Parmigiana from Tuscany. A very dear friend had the big heart to send it to me. If you are used to the supermarket variety of this cheese nothing will prepare you for the real flavour of Italy. My tongue is still tingling two hours later. Heaven on a plate. The rather nice Chianti helped too. Perfect to wash it down with. If you ever have the good fortune to visit Italy please leave room in your case to take home a big chunk of this. You won't regret it.





11 comments:

Brownieville Girl said...

What a huge piece of parmasan Granny - think I'll have to foster some Italian friends!!!!!

Maria♥ said...

Lucky you having such nice friends! Ragu looks so delish, I could eat a plate right now.

Maria
x

Rhyleysgranny said...

BG - It is huge and I have two!!! Lucky girl am I.

Maria - It was like winning the pools :)

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Very yummy and comforting!

Happy Friday and cheers,

Rosa

Manu said...

Delicious! I really love Italian food . . . When I read "parmigiana" I thought about "Parmigiana of aubergines"; the dish you cooked is "pasta al ragù"
Well done!

Unknown said...

wow, love the simplicity of this dish, always the best, most hearty of dishes. I got a whole Lincolnshire Poacher for my birthday this year and we're still munching through it!

Anonymous said...

Brenda, I have to scold you.
Your Parmigiano Reggiano cames from Reggio Emilia via Bologna, while the sheep cheese is from Tuscany.
But I'm glad you like it.
xxx C

Caroline said...

Lovely hunk of cheese you have there! I adore the taste of proper Parmigiano Reggiano and one of the best bits is the dried out bit near the crust - yum!

Cool Chic Style Fashion said...

La parmigiana è una dei modi che preferisco il particolare il riso alla parmigiana baci

La Bella Cooks said...

Nothing like a huge chunk of parm. Love it! I could go for some of this pasta tonight.

George@CulinaryTravels said...

Gorgeous photo Brenda - perfect :)

I always make sure to stock up on cheese when I go to Italy - I have a whole drawer in the freezer for the stuff! Yum.